senior scribes
text

Cleveland Plain Dealer
Ohio's public schools neither the best or worst in new study
By Emily Bamforth

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A new study places Ohio as neither among the best or worst when it comes to public schools.

Ohio ranked 23 in personal finance site WalletHub's new best and worst schools study. The state scored 22 in quality and 24 in safety.

The quality ranking made up 60 percent of the total ranking, with safety making up the remaining 40 percent. WalletHub used factors like student-pupil ratios, SAT scores, bullying incident rates and dropout rates to determine the scores.

The study also compared quality of school systems and spending. Ohio ranked 31 in school spending, which researchers defined as "low spending and a strong school system."

Read this and other articles at the Cleveland Plain Dealer


 
senior scribes

County News Online

is a Fundraiser for the Senior Scribes Scholarship Committee. All net profits go into a fund for Darke County Senior Scholarships
contact
Copyright 2011 and design by cigs.kometweb.com